Here at Technica we have a vision; we believe in long term relationships with our clients built on their trust that we will deliver excellence in our solutions to their engineering problems. To deliver this vision we have built a team that shares it and that has a commitment to continually improve.
We are a multi-disciplined design, management and construction company who specialise in providing turnkey projects to the national and international energy sector.
We are building Technica on the successful delivery of that vision and due to that success we are now in need of more like minded people who are passionate about delivering engineering excellence to the client.
Due to our ongoing growth we have a need for an Electrical Engineer at either our head office in
Grimsby or at our office in Congleton.
As part of the E, C&I team your duties will include providing support from concept through to design,
installation, commissioning and final handover to the client of a particular project.
Key Electrical Engineer responsibilities:
- Prepare, check and approve Electrical detailed design documentation for gas and
- Work from P&IDs, site layouts and load lists
- Develop Electrical drawings including general arrangements, cables routes, block diagrams,
single line diagrams
- Develop control panel designs including general arrangements and wiring diagrams
- Specify equipment and prepare E, C&I datasheets
- Deliver clients project requirements from concept to commissioning
- Develop Electrical schedules including cable, equipment list, load lists etc.
- Perform design calculations including cable size, power, heat loss, lighting
- Develop scope of work and other associated design documentation
- Work to client, national and international standards and regulations
- Liaise with other members of the design team
- Liaise with clients, contractors and vendors
- Adhere to company quality and standards
- Carry out work in a safe and effective manner
- Attend training, develop and maintain skills
The ideal candidates will have the following qualifications and experience as applicable to the role:
Engineer experience: Ideally apprentice trained with electrical / technician background, 5 years
Electrical design experience minimum, proficient with Amtech software, BS7671:2018 (18th Edition),
Gas and ATEX experienced beneficial.
Qualifications: Minimum of HNC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
If you’re interested in being part of a professional team responsible for developing projects from
concept to commissioning please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.