Electrical designer and C&I designer
Here at Technica we have a vision; we believe in long term relationships with our clients built on their trust that we will deliver excellence in our solutions to their engineering problems. To deliver this vision we have built a team that shares it and that has a commitment to continually improve.
We are a multi-disciplined design, management and construction company who specialise in providing turnkey projects to the national and international energy sector.
We are building Technica on the successful delivery of that vision and due to that success we are now in need of more like minded people who are passionate about delivering engineering excellence to the client. Due to our ongoing growth we have a need for Electrical designers and Control and Instrumentation designers at our head office in Grimsby and satellite office in Congleton.
As part of the E, C&I team your duties will include providing support from concept through to design, installation, commissioning and final handover to the client of a particular project.
Key Electrical designer and C&I designer responsibilities:
- Prepare and check E, C&I detailed design documentation for gas and petrochemical projects
- Work from P&IDs, site layouts and load lists
- Develop E, C&I drawings including general arrangements, cables routes, block diagrams, single line diagrams, loops sheets, hook-ups
- Develop control panel designs including general arrangements and wiring diagrams
- Specify equipment and prepare E, C&I datasheets
- Deliver clients project requirements from concept to commissioning
- Develop E, C&I schedules including I/O, cable, instrument list, load lists etc.
- Perform design calculations including cable size, IS, power, heat loss
- Develop scope of work and other associated design documentation
- Work to client, national and international standards and regulations
- Liaise with other members of the design team
- Liaise with clients, contractors and vendors
- Adhere to company quality and standards
- Carry out work in a safe and effective manner
- Attend training, develop and maintain skills
The ideal candidates will have the following qualifications and experience as applicable to the role:
Designer experience: Ideally apprentice trained with electrical /instrumentation technician background, 3 – 5 years E,C&I design experience minimum, Autodesk AutoCad essential, Bentley Microstation beneficial, Gas and ATEX experienced beneficial.
Qualifications: Minimum of HNC Measurement and Control or Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
If you’re interested in being part of a professional team responsible for developing projects from concept to commissioning please submit your CV to email@example.com in the first instance. Further information on Technica can be found at www.technicaltd.com