VACANCY: Software Engineer
Due to our ongoing growth, we have a need for a software engineer to join our E, C&I team at our main office in Grimsby.
As a software engineer, your duties will include providing support from concept through to design, installation, commissioning and final handover to the client of a particular project.
- Configure control system software for a wide variety of PLC & DCS applications
- Configure SCADA screens
- Configure safety software for ESD and Fire and Gas applications
- Work from P&IDs, cause & effects and control philosophies
- Develop and configure communications networks: Ethernet, profibus etc.
- Develop and configure serial communications networks: modbus etc.
- Configure telemetry systems
- Specify control system equipment
- Develop test procedures and carry out Factory & Site Acceptance Tests and site commissioning
- Work to client, national and international standards and regulations
- Liaise with other members of the design team
- Liaise with clients, contractors and vendors
- Adhere to company quality and standards
- Carry out work in a safe and effective manner
- Attend training, develop and maintain skills
The ideal candidates will have the following qualifications and experience as applicable to the role:
Experience: 3 – 5 years software design experience minimum, Siemens, Rockwell & Det-tronics beneficial, functional safety beneficial
Qualifications: Minimum of relevant HNC
If you’re interested in being part of a professional team responsible for developing projects from concept to commissioning please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance. Further information on Technica can be found at www.technicaltd.com