JOB DESCRIPTION: PIPING DESIGNER
REPORTS TO: PROJECT ENGINEER
Technica are a multi-disciplined design, management and construction company who specialise in providing turnkey project services to the national and international energy sector. This vacancy has arisen due to an increase in workload for our mechanical department.
We have an opportunity for a piping designer to join our successful team based in Grimsby. In return you will receive an excellent hourly paid package which will be tailored to your experience and qualifications together with a benefits package which includes stakeholder pension and 25 days holiday.
As a piping designer you will provide support to the project manager on contracts for a wide range of clients. You will be working with the team delivering safe, high quality designs and ensuring successful project completion both technically and commercially.
Duties to include;
- Produce piping designs including layouts, general arrangements and isometrics for gas systems and petrochemical systems
- Working from and producing P&ID’s and piping specifications
- Production of datasheets and Bill of Materials
- Designs to completed in a 2D and 3D environment using cadworx or similar
- Ensure designs take into account stress
- Produce supporting details for piping systems which could include secondary steelwork
- Check drawings and approve drawings as per the Technica quality procedure
- Identify previous similar projects that can be used as guides to improve efficiency/performance.
- Ensure designs are accurate and in accordance with appropriate current standards and legislation and client requirements.
- Support team members with technical issues/queries.
- Attend site surveys.
- Site commissioning assistance.