Job Title: C&I Designers
Location: Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire
Salary: Depending on experience
Technica are a multi-disciplined design, management and construction company who specialise in providing turnkey project services to the national and international energy sector. This vacancy has arisen due to an increase in UK workload for our design department.
We have an opportunity for two C&I designers to join our successful team based in Grimsby. In return, you will receive an excellent hourly paid package which will be tailored to your experience and qualifications together with a benefits package which includes stakeholder pension and 25 days holiday.
As a C&I designer you will provide support to the project manager for contracts for a wide range of clients. You will be responsible for providing safe, high quality designs and ensuring successful project completion both technically and commercially.
- Demonstrate the company values and standards at all times.
- Adhere to relevant company Work Instructions and Procedures.
- Work to project plan.
- Source specialist services and vendors, if required.
- Hand over all relevant technical detail to team members and explain specific project requirements and deadlines.
- Identify previous similar projects that can be used as guides to improve efficiency/performance.
- Ensure designs are accurate and in accordance with appropriate current standards and legislation and client requirements.
- Support team members with technical issues/queries.
- Check and create engineering designs.
- Attend meetings.
- Attend site surveys.
- Site commissioning assistance.
- Receive enquiries and inform project engineer.
- Assist with preparation of quotations.
- Highlight any scope changes to Engineer/Project Engineer prior to starting work.
- Request / ensure understanding of project scope, timescales, assumptions and exclusions.
- Deliver work in accordance with specified deadlines & standards.
- Take responsibility for your own development.
- Liaise with Engineers and Project Engineers.
- Mentor less experienced members of the team.
- Recognise achievement and motivate team members.
- Identify resource labour issues to Project Engineers.
- Advise Project Engineer of team competencies and recommend training as required.
- Act as communication channel between your team and Project Engineers.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of management systems.
- Be responsible for your safety and your team’s safety
- Ensure activities are carried out in line with company standards as documented in the Quality Management System.
- Contribute towards internal quality audits
- Provide client feedback to Project Engineer.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience & qualifications:
- HNC Measurement and Control or Electrical Engineering minimum
- 6 years industry experience minimum
- 1 years C&I design experience minimum
- Gas and ATEX experienced
- Electrical design experience would be beneficial
To apply please send us a short covering email and your CV to email@example.com