E&I Construction Engineer
Job Title: E&I Construction Engineer
Location: Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire
Salary: Depending on experience
Technica are a multi-disciplined design, management and construction company who specialise in providing turnkey project services to the national and international energy sector. This vacancy has arisen due to an increase in UK workload for our construction department.
We have an opportunity for an E&I construction engineer to join our successful team based in Grimsby. In return you will receive an excellent hourly paid package which will be tailored to your experience and qualifications together with a benefits package which includes stakeholder pension and 25 days holiday.
As a construction engineer you will provide support to the project manager for contracts for a wide range of clients. You will be responsible for providing engineering assistance in the delivery of safe, high quality design and construction services and ensuring successful project completion both technically and commercially.
- Demonstrate the company values and standards at all times.
- Manage installation resource
- Work to and assist in preparation of project plans.
- Source and manage specialist services and vendors, if required.
- Hand over all relevant technical detail to team members and explain specific project requirements and deadlines.
- Monitor progress and report against schedule and manage the achievement of deadline/commercial targets.
- Support team members with technical issues/queries.
- Liaise with client regarding technical or schedule issues/queries.
- Plan and organise your workforce and resources to meet deadlines and quality standards.
- Attend meetings and safety reviews.
- Attend site surveys.
- Site commissioning assistance.
- Procurement activities for site installation works.
- Manage site based construction works and workshop based builds.
- Arrange site establishments.
- Ensure all test and installation documentation is accurate and collated for handover within project timescales.
- Assist with preparation of quotations.
- Liaise with the client and Project Engineer regarding commercial issues/queries.
- Liaise with Installation team, Engineers, Project Engineers and Senior Management.
- Manage team competencies and source training as required.
- Be responsible for your safety and your team’s safety.
- Ensure activities are carried out in line with company standards as documented in the Quality Management System.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Supervision of installation teams
- 10 years E&I construction experience minimum
- Gas and ATEX experienced
- E&I design experience would be beneficial
- NICEIC principle duty holder preferred
- NEBOSH Qualified preferred
To apply please send us a short covering email and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org